To Owners of the COOLPIX S33 digital still camera:
Thank you for choosing Nikon for your photographic needs.
Nikon will offer a service for updating COOLPIX S33 to version 1.1 firmware. Details of this firmware service are as follows.
Firmware update details
We have confirmed that when the EH-73P/EH-73PCH charging AC adapter is connected to a COOLPIX S33 (with battery inserted) via the USB cable supplied with the camera, a slight noise may occur which may cause some static on FM radio channels when a radio is being used in very close proximity. This issue does not occur when the EH-71P/EH-71PCH charging AC adapter is used.
Once this firmware is updated, any issue of possible noise will be resolved.
Confirming current camera firmware
- Switch on the camera
- Press the lower left button (Setup Menu / Wrench icon / Camera Settings)
- Use the directional button on the right to scroll down to "Ver: Firmware version", press the bottom button to view the version.
- If the camera reads version 1.1, then this update is not necessary.
- Click the link below and select the Firmware Tab.
- Select the CLICK HERE link below and follow the directions to download and extract the firmware file.
- Copy the firmware file to the root of a memory card using a memory card reader.
- Be sure to have a fully charged battery in your COOLPIX S33 camera before proceeding.
- Insert memory card into the camera and proceed to the Setup Menu > Ver. Firmware version > Update Firmware > and click Yes.
- Do not remove or format the memory card until the firmware is complete.
Please CLICK HERE to begin.
NOTE : Owners of the COOLPIX S33 who are unable to download and install this firmware update on their own, may take or send their camera to the following Nikon authorized service center, where the firmware will be updated free of charge.
- Nikon Authorized Center
United Electronics Group (UEG)
2525 Busse Rd.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
If you require a shipping label to send your camera to the service center, please contact our Customer Service number at 1-800-645-6687.