This product has been archivedProduct Support Product Manual
14.1-megapixel CCD sensor for stunning image quality.
Incredible Built-in projector. Share slide shows—with music, if you'd like—as well as HD movies by projecting them from the camera onto any flat surface. Or connect the camera to a computer and project whatever's on the computer's screen
5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens. Versatile 28-140mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
5-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
3-inch Touch Clear Color Display. High Resolution (460,000-dot) display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on your pictures—even while they're being projected.
ISO can be set up to 6400.
In camera Picture Editing includes Quick Retouch, D-Lighting Draw, perspective control, Soft Focus, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fisheye effect, Miniature effect and more.
Adjust Scene effects (brightness and color) within scene modes.
Built-in Slide Show with Music.
Record HD (720p) Movies, with one touch control button. Easy projection playback or watch recorded movies in-camera, on TV or computer.
Smart Portrait System
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™/ automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one with eyes open.
Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus
Touch Shutter simply touch the LCD monitor to take a picture
17 Scene modes
Easy Auto Mode automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
Macro shooting as close as 1.2 inches.
220 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL12 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.