This product has been archivedProduct Support Product Manual
12.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 20 x 30 inches. This is plenty of sharp resolution to capture the finest details, crop creatively and produce incredible enlargements.
Amazing 24x Optical Wide-Angle (26-624mm) Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens - quality optics provide exceptional images. The lens is built on a proud heritage of producing precision camera optics that deliver superb color and razor-sharp results. This amazing lens offers unbeatable compositional freedom with its wide-angle (26mm) to super telephoto coverage (624mm). Sweeping landscapes can be captured as well as zoomed-in close-ups of the action taking place on the baseball or soccer field!
Huge, Bright 3.0-inch Vari-Angle High-Resolution LCD and Electronic Viewfinder makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with family and friends. The vari-angle LCD will tilt and rotate out on a 90-degree angle enabling you to get those high-angle and low-angle shots. The incorporation of the high-resolution electronic viewfinder enables you to see through the lens in any type of lighting condition. No more missed opportunities because the light is too bright to compose your picture!
New EXPEED image processor ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. Nikon’s comprehensive digital imaging processing concept incorporates know-how and technologies accumulated throughout our long history of photographic and digital imaging development. EXPEED is custom-tuned for COOLPIX and applied optimized technologies render natural-looking pictures of incredible quality and quick response so you will not miss that special moment.
4-Way VR Image Stabilization:
- Nikon’s Optical VR Image Stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by moving the image sensor. This produces clearer, sharper results in lower lighting or unsteady conditions.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts the shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO 6400 capability gives you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. This creates new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos in lower light conditions. ISO 3200 and 6400 are available at 3MP or lower resolution.
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and then saves the sharpest image.
Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Manual Exposure Modes give you ultimate control over your pictures. The D-SLR-type mode dial on the top of the camera provides quick access to greater personal and creative control. Now, you can adjust the camera’s settings for any type of light conditions and get as creative as you want!
New Sports Continuous Scene Mode for shooting at up to 15fps, up to 45 frames, when you set the resolution to 3MP or lower. These high-speed capture settings help you stay ahead of the action. Whether it is a swift golf or baseball swing, or the fast action on the soccer field, at 15fps you will capture that action.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System:
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF is Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces in a group portrait.
- Smile Mode automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles. The camera will detect the subject's smile and automatically fire the shutter.
- Blink Warning displays a warning message should the camera detect your subject has blinked.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.