COOLPIX AW100 Information
LIMITATIONS REGARDING WATERPROOF, FREEZEPROOF AND
SHOCKPROOF ATTRIBUTES OF THE NIKON COOLPIX AW100
●Camera is rated equivalent to IEC/JIS waterproof grade 8 (IPX8) and IEC/JIS dustproof
grade 6 (IPX6) for shooting images underwater at a depth of 10 m (33 ft) for up to 60 minutes . This rating does not ensure the waterproof performance of the Camera or that the Camera will be free from damage or trouble under all conditions.
● Subjecting the Camera to excessive shock, vibration or pressure by dropping or hitting it, may affect waterproof performance.
● Cameras exposed to excessive shock, vibration or pressure should be inspected by a Nikon-authorized service representative to confirm the waterproof performance. There may be a charge for this service.
● Camera not for use at depths deeper than 10 m (33 ft) underwater.
● Camera should not be subjected to water pressure by exposing it to running water.
● Camera for use in fresh water and seawater only and not with any other type of liquid. Waterproof performance not rated for other liquids.
● Do not allow water to seep inside the Camera. The inner portion of this Camera is not waterproof. Water seeping inside the Camera could cause a malfunction.
● Accessories are not waterproof.
● Do not insert a wet memory card or battery in the Camera.
● Camera’s battery-chamber/memory card slot cover should not be opened or closed under wet conditions, near a waterfront and/or underwater. This could cause water to seep inside the
Camera or result in Camera malfunction.
● Do not handle, open or close the Camera cover with wet hands. This could cause water to seep inside the Camera or result in Camera malfunction.
●Camera should not be left in low temperature conditions of -10°C (14°F) or in high-temperature conditions of 40°C (104°F) or more (in particular, a place exposed to direct sunlight, inside the cabin of a car, on a boat, on the beach, or near heating apparatus) for a long period of time. This could cause deterioration of the waterproof
● The waterproof performance of waterproof packing may start to deteriorate after one year. It should be inspected by a Nikon-authorized service representative once a year to replace the waterproof packing with a new one. There is a charge for this service.
● Camera can be used under water only in water temperatures ranging from 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F).
● Camera cannot be immersed in water whose temperature is higher than 40°C (104°F) (such as a bath or hot spring).
● Camera battery-chamber/memory card slot cover cannot be opened underwater.
● Camera cannot be subjected to shock underwater.
● Do not jump into water with the Camera or subject it to high water pressure conditions such as rapids or waterfalls.
● This Camera does not float in water. Make sure not to drop the Camera into and/or under water.
● Camera must be cleaned within sixty minutes after using the Camera underwater.
● The operation of this Camera has been tested at temperatures from -10°C to +40°C (14°F to 104°F).
● When using the Camera in cold conditions, observe the following precautions.
● Store the Camera and spare batteries at room temperature before use.
● When snow or water droplets adhere to the exterior of the Camera, immediately wipe them off. Failure to do so could cause the buttons or switches to freeze in which case they may not operate smoothly, or the microphone or speaker openings to clog which may cause the sound to deteriorate or become distorted.
● Use in cold conditions will cause the performance of the batteries (number of pictures shot and shooting time) to drop temporarily.
● If Camera is in a very cold state, Camera performance may drop temporarily, for example, the monitor may be darker than normal immediately after the Camera is turned on or residual images may be produced.
● Camera should not be subjected to sudden changes in temperature or humidity.
● Fogging (condensation) may occur on the inside of the monitor or lens in the following environmental conditions where there are sharp temperature changes or high humidity, in circumstances, for example, where Camera is suddenly immersed in low temperature underwater from high temperature on land; or Camera is brought from a cold place to a warm place, such as inside a heated building from a cold outside location.
●Do not open the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover in a high humidity environment.
● Camera is rated compliant with MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock (drop test from a height of 152 cm (60 in.) on a 5 cm (2 in.) thick plywood panel). This test does not ensure that shock will not adversely affect the waterproof performance of the Camera or that the Camera will be free from damage or trouble under all conditions. Further, shock may cause changes in appearance, such as paint peeling off and deformation of the drop shock portion.
● Do not subject the Camera to excessive shock, vibration or pressure by dropping or hitting it, as this could cause water to seep inside the Camera and result in Camera malfunction.
● Camera cannot be sat upon.
● Camera cannot be forcibly stuffed into any type of bag or other enclosed area.