Position Detail: Technical Supervisor
Position Name: Technical Supervisor
Company: Nikon Inc.
Responsible for quality control as well as conducting training and support for all Nikon service subsidiaries managed under Nikon U.S.A. including, but not limited to, Nikon group companies in Americas, oversea distributors for the Americas, sub-contractors, and authorized service centers in the U.S.. Investigate, resolve, and report concerning issues with Imaging and SRO equipment sent into Service to Nikon Corp. Supervise technicians and participate in special projects for the Service dept.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the supervision of Nikon technicians and monitoring the quality of their work
- Gather information regarding various issues with new and existing products, and provide feedback to Nikon Corp.
- Evaluate repaired product to ensure quality workmanship
- Monitor re-repairs and provide re-training as necessary
- Provide support in Service activities to subsidiaries managed under Nikon Inc. including Nikon Canada, and Nikon Mexico
- Create Service instructions for new products
- Work directly with Technical Supervisor to update in-house technical staff, subcontractors, refurbishing facilities, overseas distributors, and Authorized Repair Centers on processes outlined on new TIE and SIE documents
- Oversee quality enhancements and improvement measures
- Advise technicians on repair and service matters
- Plan and conduct repair training for internal offices, overseas distributors, sub-contractors and authorized service centers
- Check and distribute all information and documents related to Service
- Oversee the maintenance operations for professional services for various events
- Travel overnight as needed in order to fulfill essential functions and key responsibilities
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities
- Complete and administer performance evaluations for all direct reports
- Answer technical questions from other departments
- Participate in special projects assigned by Managers in Service
- All other duties as required or needed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 - 10 years technical experience
- 2 years digital or photography experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent from Technical School preferred
- Knowledge or reading and interpreting Service documents
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of electronics, mechanics and optics
- Working knowledge of Nikon software (i.e. View, Capture) and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of photography technology, equipment and accessories
- Working knowledge of repair tools and equipment
- Basic computer experience (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to travel (includes overnight)
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nikon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Nikon’s Department of Human Resources at (631) 547-4259 or at email@example.com.