Position Detail: SRO; Sales and Operations Specialist
Position Name: SRO; Sales and Operations Specialist
Company: Nikon Inc.
Location: Melville, NY
Responsible for assisting the Sr. Manager; SRO Product & Operations in a timely matter regarding sales and operations functions of the Sport & Recreational Optic division. The position will be responsible for standard operating procedures relating to sales functions and processes, product management and special projects and promotions with an awareness of other departments’ roles within Nikon Inc. Provide comparative analysis reports of current inventory in the field as well as nationwide sell-through trends. Research and evaluate current nationwide conditions that may affect the ability to sell products in the marketplace. Assist in achieving efficient product allocations and purchasing. Coordinate information pertaining to shipments and logistics. Assist in budgeting and planning of nationwide sales promotions and their related exposures. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, trade show attendance, customer visits and social media account management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Sales / Budgeting Activities
- Analyze sales forecasts & sell-through data to determine selling potential and inventory requirements.
- Provide quantitative sales and product information pertaining to budget and product allocation planning
- Create and disseminate various reports including: sales history, inventory in the field, sales trends and use this information to provide comparative analysis.
- Maintain coding and recordkeeping of SRO expenses including invoices related to MWW and current vendor invoices.
- Account Support / Management
- Facilitate creation of new accounts as well as manage the daily concerns of existing accounts using Dealer Net Xpress.
- Manage and support the SRO sales activities in the photo specialty, photo national accounts, premium markets, cruise, military, educational and all other related SRO accounts.
- Daily dealer and rep communications regarding
- product availability and ETA’s
- incoming RA requests
- merchandise transfers
- check requests
- shipping issues
- new account processing
- parts & literature requests
- Marketing / Communication Activities:
- Assist in managing the relationship with MWW and our plans and efforts on social media.
- Responsible for social media sales proposals and plans to highlight instant savings at key promotional times.
- Work closely with creative team for asset creation to support our social media efforts.
- Assist in completing sales projects including proposals, sales meeting planning, and presentations.
- Manage the SRO Associate Purchase Program including customer service aspects of this program.
- Manage “giveaway” product needs (swag) in support of sales and arrange presentations for new item procurement.
- Create sales books and price guides
- Maintain legal contracts
- Assist in asset creation and planning for new product announcements.
- Create displays & POP material
- Manage refurb inventory and refurb price set up
- Monitor, validate, and record (via spreadsheet) all MVP violations.
- Prepare MVP Violation communication, including cover letter, memo, and proof of violation.
- Communicate with host sites regarding non-authorized violations
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute Nikon Sport Optics Reseller De-authorization List
- Coordinate cancellation of MVP Violation Backorders with sales department
- Enter violation products into SAP
- Update SRO MVP Violation master data base
- Answer MVP Policy Administrator questions with help from our legal department for final approval
- Update and distribute MVP Price List
- Coordinate MVP mailings
- Buy and track MVP Products
- Attend industry trade shows
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 3 - 5 years sales and operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP or other accounting software experience preferred
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish objectives with strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate information verbally and in writing so that others will understand.
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional and an approachable demeanor across the Company including but not limited to; employees, co-workers, management, vendors and customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
Compensation depends on a variety of factors including but not limited to; knowledge, skills, experience, education and location. The salary range for this position is $81,000 - $114,000 annually.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify Code:2329
Nikon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Nikon’s Department of Human Resources at (631) 547-4254 or at email@example.com.