|Nikon is pleased to announce that a firmware
upgrade for the D1X
and D1H models to Ver. 1.10 is available to enhance each camera’s performance for several points.
| Your camera's current version
is displayed when viewing an image and you have selected the image data
display. If Version 2.00 is displayed, there is no need for this upgrade.
If an earlier (lower number) version is displayed, then please acquire the
Version 2 upgrade service.
Please read the following for details about the firmware upgrade's added performance:
1. Remote control operation with Mac® computers: adds PTP protocol and enables D100 under the control of Nikon Capture Control software to operate with Mac® computers that use OS 9.0.4 (requires CarbonLib Version 1.5 or later) OS 9.1.x, 10.1.5 and 10.2.x. Use of PTP protocol will also require Capture upgrade to version 3.5 or later; System compatibility with earlier Apple OS continues unchanged from original specifications, and D100 will continue to operate with Windows® systems according to original specifications.
2. Improves compatibility of Color Mode II with Adobe Photoshop 7 and CS: changes settings to ensure that file will be recognized as an Adobe RGB file.
3. Compatibility with newest Lexar CompactFlash cards: takes advantage of Lexar's new Write Acceleration Technology to achieve writing speeds up to 10% faster.
4. Easier organization of image and associated sound file: file names for the WAV files made with the MB-D100 will be formatted for easier identification and sorting with the associated image file.
This firmware upgrade will enhance the D100 camera's compatibility and together with Nikon Capture 4.1 will provide the highest performance. Please read the following for shipping instructions and details.
1. Please download a copy of the official packing list form for shipping address and instructions.
Click here for download of packing list
2. Firmware upgrade service is now available at Nikon's main service stations, located at Melville, New York and Torrance, California. To minimize the turn around time for your camera's firmware upgrade, send your camera together with a copy of the official packing list (see download above) to the Nikon station nearest you. You may send cameras to these two service stations for firmware upgrades and also for other service requirements.
3. Authorized Repair Services (other than Nikon's own facilities at Torrance and Melville) can provide repair service but CANNOT provide firmware upgrade service.
4. Cost for shipping to Nikon Inc. are customer's responsibility. Nikon will pay the return shipping cost.Nikon will endeavor to complete and return cameras as quickly as possible. Actual time for return will depend upon upgrade volume.