12.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
5x Wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range that gets you close to the action while capturing expansive landscapes.
World’s first camera with an ultra-small, built-in projector provides new ways for enjoying your pictures anytime and anywhere. Among digital cameras as of July 10, 2009 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
5-way VR Image Stabilization System:
- Hybrid VR Image Stabilization combines Optical and Electronic VR Image Stabilization to minimize the effects of camera shake.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.(ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 are available at 3MP or lower resolution.)
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image.
Incredible, Bright 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with anti-glare coating and brightness adjustment.
Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts camera setting.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System:
- New Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Smile Timer, Blink Proof and Blink Warning makes sure you’ll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subject’s eyes remain open. Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
Quick Retouch adjusts contrast and color vividness automatically and automatically activates D-Lighting
16 Scene Modes
Record movies at 640 x 480 resolution at 30 fps
Macro shooting as close as 1.2”
LCD, Video and Photo Gallery images are for illustrative purposes only.