Position Detail: Digital Asset Management Specialist
Position Name: Digital Asset Management Specialist
Company: Nikon Inc.
Location: Melville, NY
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Inc. Recognized among America's ten most respected brands, our products continually set new standards in each of their respective industries.
The Nikon name is equated with extraordinary photographic performance, innovation, precision and optical quality. Nikon is the only major optical company in the world that still controls and manufactures every aspect of its glass-making business, allowing it to finely tune Nikon lens specifications, quality and performance. From the raw silicon to the final coatings, Nikon glass production is both a science and an art form.
As the Digital Asset Management Specialist, the position will be responsible for ongoing administration of all digital assets within the Nikon Digital Asset Management System including day-to-day operations, troubleshooting, end-user training and data manipulation and conversion of assets. Additional responsibilities include:
- Organize and manage internal digital assets (uploading, keyword tagging and taxonomy, track and validating metadata.)
- Work with Communications/Marketing teams to target asset groups within Nikon, validating asset collections and developing efficient loading and meta-tagging procedures to increase the search and retrieval value of the assets in DAM system.
- Act as a liaison between trusted partners in coordinating image usage and distribution, proper rights management, usage tracking and sharing of assets.
- Ongoing daily management and maintenance of DAM system, including updating and maintaining fresh content in the DAM system.
- Convert, manipulate, package, and prepare files for various formats for DAM and end-users, continuously adding to, and improving existing metadata and tagging structures. Requires familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Acrobat as well as a variety of other tools and plug-ins.
- Ongoing maintenance of DAM system for optimal performance and development of workflows to leverage automation that will help end-users work smarter through technology.
- Create end-user training documents and system documentation, working as a partner with end-users to help them develop more user-friendly processes within the DAM System.
- Coordinate file transfer and distribution of files (Filestore, FTP, e-mail, etc.) and communication with both internal and external users when applicable.
- Provide support for DAM-related projects and initiatives as needed.
- Work with Digital Asset Management software company to develop customizations and manage updates as needed.
- Experience working with a Digital Asset Management system or directly related experience
- Knowledge of metadata and taxonomy; experience tagging media assets with relevant metadata to facilitate storage and retrieval of files
- Knowledge of various metadata protocol and standard applications (rights and access management systems-to track rights, licenses, user authorization, privacy issues, etc)
- Experience with digital file management, including the following platforms: Mac OS 9, OS 10, PC Windows
- Knowledge of relevant file storage formats and security technologies
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Lightroom and Acrobat
- Knowledge of various document, image and video file formats
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel for various data activities and reporting needs.
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up a must.
- Excellent critical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent attitude, work ethic & team-player motivation
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in a digital asset environment or related experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- B.S. / B.A. preferred
- Understanding of photo licensing, usage, proper rights management , copyright infringement, and different types of image usage preferred but not necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.