AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
"Fast. Versatile. Exceptional"
I have this lens for more than a 1 years and it never gave me a disappoint situation. The focus is very good on low light, so is perfect to night photography, further is very beauty to take photos of waterfalls, landscapes, and others...Also this lens is extremely sharp, and I think it's the best lens of Nikon for this propose.
November 24, 2012
Professional's Kit Lens
Why you have to have one?
- This is a lens that every professional has. If a professional can only use 1 lens in his life, this is the lens, because this is made for general purposes.
Why you don't have to have one?
- It's expensive; and if you're not really serious with photography, just try other lenses because this lens is built for the serious and professionals.
What's I like about this lens?
- It's sharp on all focal lengths and apertures, renders color very well, renders out-of-focus blur very well, and this is solidly built for professionals because it can withstand in any weather conditions and hazardous situations, for a bit.
- It's not too short, and not too long, it's just alright.
- This lens is made to be in between of the specialty lenses not only for Nikon but for the other brands. Hence, being called by many as a general lens.
What's I don't like about this lens?
- It's heavy.
- It's expensive.
- You get a bit of attention when you take photos of other people in the streets, but not too much. Take another lens for street photography, if ever.
- If this lens is not that wide for you, get a lens wider than 24.
- If this lens is a bit short for portrait and you need longer reach, get a longer focal length lens.
- If you're not satisfied with the bokeh, or you are not satisfied with how 2.8 handles low light situations, get a prime 50mm or 85mm with a 1.8/1.4 aperture lens.
December 12, 2014
A superior, versatile lens.
I've been a Nikon user and a fan for years. I recently purchased a Nikon D810. This is my go-to lens. I like everything about it.
October 23, 2014
Perfect All-Around Lens
Great go-to lens. This is the range of focal lengths most often needed. Even though it's heavy, it rests well in your hands. The results are professional all the way. The 24-70 2.8 is right at home as a high-end portrait lens. Images are sharp and with the right camera attached, creativity is unlimited. The lens has a solid & balance feel and is easy to operate in manual mode. It seems to capture light like a sponge even in tough situations making the picture taking range quite wide. I am impressed with the performance and will keep it mounted most of the time.
April 4, 2014
Only bullet I'm willing to bite
I have been wanting lens for some time. I just couldn't justify the cost. I was about to buy a Tamron, but looked to see if Nikon had a refurbished one, Low and behold Nikon did and for the same price as a new Tamron. all i can say is I'm glad I bit the bullet and got it. took some photos of a fruit basket on my kitchen table under 60 watt house lights. I was blown away by the sharp colors under such bad lighting. I can't wait to use it this weekend and go on vacation with it
January 24, 2014