Great little camera
We bought this camera to take snorkeling with us on a recent trip. The photos on land and of the fish and the reef were great. I would never take my Nikon DSLR on a small boat, so I was quite pleased with the waterproof feature of this camera. It was inexpensive too!
May 23, 2013
I bought this camera in a pinch after traveling to do an inspection and social function and realizing that I left my main camera at home. I believe the camera works fine - if you read the manual first. Here's some tips:
1. This camera works underwater and in rain. Find another for this price, if you can. I take lots of pictures but there are some places that I would never take my x$1000 DSLR. This jewel goes to the swimming pool where the grandkids are playing.
2. No one beats Nikon in low light situations. The camera will easily adjust to low light. When you press the shutter halfway then the shutter speed and f-stop information will be displayed. Check those numbers. You might be disappointed to get a grainly picture if the shutter is 1/60 or less.
3. The flash is not always automatic when you turn on the vibration reduction; just like the manual says. I leave the VR truned off. When you go to take that indoor picture, the shutter speed and f-stop are displayed and flash ready indicator, a red light comes on. Yes, the computer activiates the flash, not you. So if that red readly light does not come on then re-plan the picture (maybe you are looking into light or something).
4. You get Nikon's NX2 software with this.
5. The zoom looks something like 20- 60mm when comparing with my digital DSLR. The f stop goes from 3.3 to 5.9.
This is a good buy for the price. It fits in my shirt pocket and swimming suit pocket easily. No moving lens to get out of alignment if you bump it. If I leave it somewhere, it falls to the bottom of the ocean, or the dog chews it up, then I am not out a lot.
December 9, 2012
cant go wrong
For an underwater digital camera this is such a bargain. Takes amazing pictures and videos. Has fun features and perfect for all ages and skill levels!
December 9, 2012
BEST $120 I've EVER spent!!!
This camera is awesome! I never write reviews but always read them this camera deserves all the props it can get! The picture quality is amazing and all of the extra features like color highlighting and underwater are just unbelievable! Don't hesitate on purchasing this camera. Only draw back is that the battery compartment is a little hard to open but I'd rather that then it open up and let water in.
August 2, 2012
The "Perfect" all-a-round inexpensive camera
I have researched cameras for almost a year trying to find a camera for my soon to be 5 year old granddaughter so that she could to take pictures at our upcoming trip to Disneyworld. I could not find a camera that was big enough for her to hold properly, the lens centered so she could hold both sides securely, had a relatively high megapixel capability and also took 720p HD video. This camera met everything that I was looking for and more. It is even waterproof, shockproof and even came in hot pink. The camera takes great pictures, the colors are phenomenal! The one other feature I like that makes it so much more versatile is the separate buttons for picture and video, great idea. My granddaughter also likes the different shutters sounds you can select. Hats off to Nikon, this camera is perfect for kids and people who want to take good pictures and want to keep it simple.
April 7, 2012