Position Name: Sr. Applications Specialist (SM)
Company: Nikon Inc.
Location: Melville, NY
WORK FOR A GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED WORLD LEADER!
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Inc. Recognized among America's ten most respected brands, our products continually set new standards in each of their respective industries.
The Nikon name is equated with extraordinary photographic performance, innovation, precision and optical quality. Nikon is the only major optical company in the world that still controls and manufactures every aspect of its glass-making business, allowing it to finely tune Nikon lens specifications, quality and performance. From the raw silicon to the final coatings, Nikon glass production is both a science and an art form.
As the Sr. Applications Specialist (SM) you will configure, test and implement software changes for new or changed business requirements, evaluate business needs and perform business process definition, prototyping, system configuration; test and implement software changes for new or changed business requirements; create queries; and perform mass data changes. Additionally, you will maintain subcontracting data and error processing; user profile roles and activity types as well as other pertinent data; and connect-ship and updating and compressing of SQL data base.
- Strong SAP knowledge of SM configuration
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Experience with ECC 6.0 or greater release of SAP R/3
- SAP certification a plus
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Transportation software experience
- Understanding of sales and service business processes
- International experience a plus
- 5 + years related IT and/or Applications experience and 5+ years hands on configuration and support experience, including system upgrades
- Bachelor’s Degree required