Position Name: Product Lifecycle Manager - Nikon 1 and Mypicturetown
Company: Nikon Inc.
Location: Melville, NY
WORK FOR A GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED WORLD LEADER!
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Inc. Recognized among America's ten most respected brands, our products continually set new standards in each of their respective industries.
The Nikon name is equated with extraordinary photographic performance, innovation, precision and optical quality. Nikon is the only major optical company in the world that still controls and manufactures every aspect of its glass-making business, allowing it to finely tune Nikon lens specifications, quality and performance. From the raw silicon to the final coatings, Nikon glass production is both a science and an art form.
As the Product Lifecycle Manager for Nikon 1 and Mypicturetown you will be responsible for the development, management and execution of marketing programs and strategies designed to grow sales of Nikon 1 System Cameras. Additionally, you will develop and monitor marketing programs for optimization of the product line to maximize sales and profitability. You will evaluate market opportunities as well as measure and analyze competitive threats to existing and new businesses and make appropriate recommendations while tracking and managing promotional expenditures and recommending product forecast changes. You will also work closely with the sales team to understand account strategy, propose product lineup, manage account level P&L and product returns.
- In depth knowledge of digital cameras and competitive product lines and related technology required
- Maintain a solid understanding of short term and long term market product requirements and pricing trends
- Working knowledge of internet platforms and internet tools
- Apple iMovie, Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing approach to Product Marketing
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects with time constraint deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 20% (includes overnight travel)
- 6-8 years related product marketing management experience
- B.A. Marketing and/or Business
- M.B.A. Marketing or equivalent preferred but not required