Position Name: Asst. Manager Multi-Channel Marketing
Company: Nikon Inc.
Overall ResponsibilityResponsible to initiate, develop, coordinate, and execute Product Marketing Launch materials in support of Nikon Imaging product launches. This includes collaborating across multiple Nikon groups, creative agencies as well as frequent interaction with retailers and e-tailers in order to develop comprehensive go-to-market plans including the creation of product marketing launch materials, launch plans, and retail materials required for launch. Support all products merchandising, awareness, and promotional initiatives to all channels. Develop and implement a phased approach to a cross-channel strategy, integrating one touch point at a time into a marketing platform in order to provide consistent and coordinated information across all channels. Realize value from cross channel synergies and manage the leveraging of assets across channels.
Essential Functions and Key Areas of Responsibility
- Translate strategic objectives into tactical plans and implement within planned spending levels.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing Communications, Customer Relations, eCommerce to help drive the positioning and messaging to increase product and category awareness, sales productivity and velocity.
- Interface with Sales, Product Management and Marketing Communications teams to develop effective programs and promotions that traditional and eCommerce partners can leverage to increase sales.
- Lead ideation and innovation of retail and e-tail product support materials and concepts, executing Product Lifecycle product plan, in conjunction with Marketing Communications and Sales teams.
- Initiate, coordinate, and implement product marketing launch materials and plans related to retail accounts including: launch plan, retail packaging, digital assets, in-box materials, retail POP and merchandising tools.
- Coordinate the creation of content and provide editorial control for channel partner communications elements including collateral, sales presentations, e-mail newsletters, e-mail blasts, websites, social media, and mobile marketing.
- Manage packaging/kitting communication process and timeline and coordinate with Sales, Product Lifecycle, Marketing Communications, and Operations teams.
- Create and own the marketing materials tracking system and other key documents to ensure all teams are informed and working towards specific deadlines.
- Maintain Promotional Calendar to track and support promotional activities across all channel partners.
- Own the product launch, ad embargo and sales start calendar ensuring all timelines are met.
- Responsible for the generation and/or trafficking of all official product launch, pricing and product discontinuation actions mailings sent to company personnel and Nikon Authorized Dealers and/or Distributors, generating select material inclusions as necessary..
- Generate and distribute sales promotional materials, including special promotions documentation, product art CDs and other, as required.
- Provide weekly updates on sell-through data and marketing program/promotional plans to Marketing Management.
- Be the resident expert of the channel, including trends, account developments, competitor activity and new opportunities.
- Collaborate with key internal personnel to ensure consistent positioning and messaging in training websites, product sales/marketing presentation materials and other training documents created internally.
- Coordinate the capture and internal distribution of competitive, channel and market information including pricing, product, launch, as well as competitive packaging, POP and digital merchandising initiatives.
- Work with Strategic Marketing, Sales and NPS to define and execute training and assisted selling activities for the channel leveraging internal and third party resources.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience managing product launches and merchandising for traditional & online business.
- Ability to analyze and follow through on multiple projects keeping high focus on detail & organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to facilitate meetings and develop relationships with internal departments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable and experienced in participating in account presentations - internal and external.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (including overnight travel).
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications, MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in channel marketing and/or product promotion capacity with budget responsibility with at least 1 year of online marketing required. Agency experience a plus. Retail Marketing experience in the CE industry preferred.
- Experience working with the following accounts preferred: Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, Amazon, Sears, Staples, Office Depot, B&H.